ListServs: General Guidelines
ListServs enable you to participate in email discussion forums. They are excellent ways to connect with others. As a ListServ member you can share thoughts, questions and answers, prayers, and petitions with people from around the world.
Please Note: The ListServ Moderator reserves the right to not include any email messages that are attempts to knock down Courage and it's adherence to Church teaching, or any members of the ListServ. This is a place to be uplifted and to uplift others as we journey onward.
• The need for group support and friendship
• Understanding chastity and living it (what does this mean? how do we do it?)
• Spiritual helps (Mass, rosary, devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, group support, spiritual reading, daily prayer)
• Dealing with the temptation to fantasize sexually, and/or masturbate
• Pornography and addiction
• Gender identity; self image
• The need for healthy, chaste same-sex friendships
• Learning to relate to the other sex
• Relationship with parents, other family members and/or friends
• Emotional woundedness
• Emotional dependency
• Sexual abuse
• How to develop the virtue of self-control
• How do I start a Courage group?
• How do I bring up this topic in the confessional?
• Accountability and honesty (regular spiritual direction, confession, etc)
• Dealing with guilt and/or feelings of shame and unworthiness
• Should I tell my spouse, if he/she doesn't already know about my struggle OR (if my spouse already knows) how can my spouse help me?
• If I want to get married some day, is there hope for me?
• Was I "born this way"?
• Should I refer to myself as "gay" or "lesbian"?
Note: Clinking the Courage Bible Study, Courage Young Adults 18-24, Courage Reparation Online (CRO), and Courage Latino Online buttons will take you to an external site and open the page in a new browser window. To return to the Courage Web Site, simply close the new browser window.
Other Links of Interest to Courage and EnCourage Members